So what do I do as a Front End Developer?
A frond end developer at Red Circle needs to be able to shepherd client websites from concept to wireframe and design, all the way to site launch. You'll work with talented designers, engineers, and product managers, but you'll own the browser code.
In addition, you'll also be working on the front-end structure of Red Circle's own bespoke software platforms. You'll have a number of expectations, but also a good amount of freedom to accomplish these things.
OK. Tell me more...
- Report directly to the head of technology on all projects.
- Work with designers, clients, and project managers to conceive plan and launch websites. Each client website is ultimately your responsibility.
- Handle with the maintenance and change requests of Red Circle's existing three dozen (or so) websites, programs, and apps.
- Plan and negotiate timelines for different projects, sometimes happening simultaneously.
- Interpret client requests into something meaningful and measurable.
- Good PHP skills are an absolute must. Experience with Laravel, Symfony, CodeIgniter, etc. are all great, but you have to be able to understand existing PHP code and write code to follow and improve on those conventions.
- CSS/Sass is also a must. Applicants must have an eye for website geometry and be able to start designs from scratch building up to a single, molecular, consistent design structure.
- You should write clean, semantic HTML, with an eye on accessibilty and SEO.
- General familiarity with the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, XD) and image manipulation.
- Familiarity with Linux web-hosting, specifically cPanel, WHM, and CentOS. Spinning up and down hosting packages as the needs arise.
- Familiarity with Domain controls, editing DNS, and routing @ records.
- Ability to produce mockups of ideas in code, either in Codepens or actual in-browser sample code.
- Microsoft Teams, Word, Excel, bla bla bla.
- Familiarity with CMS other than Wordpress. Kirby experience would be an A+ here.
- Git, specifically GitHub
- Pug (or Haml) experience would be a help
- Unit testing
- Linux-based site hosting
- Domain Control Systems
- Working with designers and clients
- Site analytics, Google Analytics, or (preferably) Matomo
- Agency experience a plus
Red Circle offers a competitive salary along with great benefits including medical/dental, 401(k) match, casual dress code, and the recipe to the perfect Moscow Mule.