Hold up. What’s Red Circle?
Red Circle is a mid-sized full-service advertising agency with nearly 20 years of experience in the gaming and hospitality industries. Our core business is casino marketing. We’ve worked with more than 100 casinos, in addition to a diverse roster of other clients. Our vision is to be the most data-driven, results-oriented hospitality experts in North America. We give our clients a full-circle experience, from data-driven insights all the way to breakthrough creative executions.
In 2015, Red Circle was recognized as one of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies by Inc. magazine and one of the "Success Stories of the Year" by Twin Cities Business. Add in free snacks and a bunch of friendly, “can-do” people who will welcome your talents — as well as your inner weird — and you’ve pretty much got it.
So, what do I do as a Red Circle Director of Business Development?
Red Circle is seeking a Business Development Director to join our team. You will be responsible for creating and implementing Red Circle’s New Business efforts including external marketing strategies to attract new opportunities, converting prospects into clients and helping grow existing client relationships. The ideal candidate has a charismatic, confident personality with a proven track record of delivering results.
OK. Tell me more.
The Director of Business Development is responsible for building relationships and providing strategic direction to help Red Circle grow and profit. Your focus will be on building and guiding relationships both internally and externally with casino sales and marketing teams, advertising and casino industry consultants and peers and direct client prospects and customers. The Director of Business Development’s time will be focused on building Red Circle’s new business efforts; however, you will also build cross-functional teams and lead strategic development across the company. Because this role is heavily focused on developing and maintaining relationships, you must have excellent interpersonal skills, as well as exhibit a great deal of familiarity with Red Circle’s products and services to identify
opportunities and increase market share.
• Building Red Circle’s new business efforts across the casino industry.
• Understand the marketplace and perform market research to identify new opportunities that align with company goals and engage with executive team to establish strategies for pursuing those new opportunities.
• Develop strong customer relationships through industry networking, leads, research and cold calling.
• Document sales activity including presentations and correspondence; improve overall new business processes.
• Prepare documents and information for requests for proposals (RFPs) that present new opportunities for business growth and enhanced operations.
• Manage media relations, marketing collateral, speaking engagements and conferences.
• Manage the process of transitioning sales and new business opportunities to the Account and Strategy Teams.
• Represent the organization at conferences and events; create and deliver company workshops.
• Lead, orchestrate, develop and deliver pitches to potential clients or partners. Manage both the relationship building side of the pitch process in addition to the work and the presentations.
• Minimum travel required (35%).
• A minimum of five to eight years of marketing or business development experience.
• Background working in new business development with a media company, agency, or consulting firm.
• Strong branding and internal communication experience.
• Proven success managing client relationships.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong and effective presentation skills.
• Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
• Great leadership skills.
• Charismatic personality.
• Top-notch analytical skills -- you must have a keen eye for detail!
• The ability to travel to meet clients, attend conferences and research new markets as needed.